The Bible is full of contradictions and inaccuracies and therefore cannot be the word of God.

I have seen and read that statement over and over.
I agree with the conclusion but I do not agree with the statement.
I have never found or been shown a contradiction or innacuracy that could withstand closer scrutiny.

Therefore, I challenge readers who maintain that statement to show me something that is a "REAL" inaccuracy or contradiction and not somebodies flawed intepretation, that exists in the text and meaning of the bible.
I mean in the text and meaning of the bible and not someones interpretation.

In other words, don't try and tell me that the bible teaches that the earth is flat because It does not.
Sure, it speaks of the four corners of the earth, but it also speaks of the orb or sphere of the earth. Does that mean the bible is inconsistent and confused?

You may interpret that "the four corners of the earth" means that the bible is teaching a flat earth and therefore inaccurate.
Someone else may interpret "the orb or sphere of the earth" as meaning the bible is teaching a round earth

I maintain that both must be true.
Therefor I interpret that neither statement is meant to describe how the earth looks from a scientific standpoint. Instead, they are actually figurative terms meant to teach spiritual principles or spiritual truths.

Neither of those statements show that the bible is confused and inaccurate. What is confused and inaccurate? It is the interpretations! not the bible.

Also, don't try bringing up the miracles. You may not believe them but your disbelief does not prove they are impossible and never happened and my belief does not proove them possible or real. That is a pointless discussion that neither side can win.

So, show me a "REAL" one, one that does not rely totally on interpretation or disbelief or putting human limitations on God.

Last edited by delerna; 04/05/09 02:15.