Originally Posted By: ortucis
Buy our next-gen 3D engine which has everything you'll ever need to make a game. To help the small time Indie developers, we have even removed useless and most basic features which have been seen in games like Thief ages ago. We say SCREW THE SHADOWS, they are afterall but a bunch of dark areas under characters. Your players haven't experienced horror until they see a giant blob that looks like a shadow moving around in some distant light.. NOW THAT IS SCARY!!!

You still can fake the Kabus style shadows. Not elegant, not without any hassle but it can be done...

Also, I really don't see the point in telling me what features are available on upgrading when I already am talking about SOME of them.

Simple - you wanted to argue about what a Pro license has to look like and gave "additional", sensible stuff like the rather unimportant logo and the multiplayer for 3DGS while comparing to the totally important as essential feature of shadows & co on the Unity side. My comment now was about that even with 3DGS you get some precious things that are important to pretty much any project just with the pro version...

No offense Toast but your replies just seem generically dripping with fanboyism, more so than some other people (hell, I am not even defending A7 but talking about basic features for a genre which are expected these days).

I don't see any fanboyism in my postings (heck I don't even own Unity and probably won't buy it with the missing shadows in the Indie version being one reason) - you've just got in your head that Unity (Indie) can't do a Kabus quality game. Then you started mocking people considering to use this engine - telling them to get a game that will be laughed at (or whatever else) and this just because of the shadows. There's not much to say about this argument: A single not gameplay decisive missing feature won't turn your game into something you'll be "entertained by the responses" from (you even admitted that with the RE example). Using another engine for this task still might be wiser - it changes nothing on the Kabus comparison though...

Also I don't get why you're now comparing and telling stuff about Resident Evil? Your whole point was about Kabus vs. a Unity clone and here all what you cannot do instantly in Unity are the dynamic character shadows. I now won't repeat again how a lack of an engine feature for this type of shadow has to be rated - it was told here by numerous guys...

Enjoy your meal
Toast