Originally Posted By: ortucis
just like your sane advice on switching to even more complicated engine

No, please dont switch at all. You did not understand. Since I have no idea about your project I never gave you an advice to switch. I just told in general what tool might be better for what kind of project.
But you take it personally. I dont get why.

Quote:
Your posts don't make sense, at all.

Hm, there are several reasons for that. One reason might be that I wrote none-sense. The other one might be your willingness to understand. I will not judge this.

Quote:
...how do you afford to know so much about all these softwares anyway?)

I am a beta tester of Unity. I create games for more than 15 years. And I used to work with a lot of tools (Gamestudio, Gamespace, Torque, C4, Unity, Beyond Virtual, Lawmaker, FPS-Creator, Lightwave, C4D, ZBrush, Modo, Fragmotion, Milkshape, Bodypaint3d). We need a lot of them for creating our model packs at Dexsoft. Some tools are only for converting models. We made some games at Dexsoft and we have to test our models in different engines.
And no, I dont use warez. I bought licenses every year.

Quote:
But then again, I wasn't taking you seriously...

That is a big mistake. It is better to pay more respect. I pay respect to you, my girl-friend and my kids because they expect this from me. If yo do not, then you are just plain ignorant and arrogant.

I will not comment the rest of your post. It went more and more into exaggeration, emotional stuff and insulting. I am tired of commenting this.

I have no idea why you are so emotional about software. I explained everything clear and without focusing at a certain tool. I try to be objective, not to attack certain groups of users, because I know how fanboys react. But still it happens that some people take it as a personal issue.
This is not my intention to raise such negative emotions.

Have fun with the tool you ever use. Unity is definitely a tool to have fun. A lot of users already told this here and I am thankful for their advice (because I could not test every aspect of this big tool-set, I am not making a Unity game currently, but people like Kiyaku do).
But other tools are great as well. So I often try to mention their advantages/disadvantages to just chose the right tool for the right project.

I think this in not hard to understand.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft