Originally Posted By: Christian__A

@AlbertoT:
You'r saying "Never tested Blade but it seems to me that kind of bloated engine which tries to make too much for you thus losing flexibility" - i don't understand why you criticize this aspect on Blade3d if you like Unity, which also falls in this category?

If you read my previous post you can see that I expressed my doubts also about Unity as far as flexibility of its scripting language is concerned
I said that I have a " nostalgia " for the old fashion game engines where you were given just a bunch of functions \ class and the rest it was up to you, without too many constraints

I like for example Truevision and the new " component " oriented Torque x
Unfortunately they are not well supported
I like also C4 , for the same reason, but it is not a user friendly engine, not the best solution for hobbyest programmer

Never used NeoAxis even though at a first glance I have had a good impression
However I dont have confidence in an engine which is supported by one person only
Probably Unity people are also good marketing people but is is a matter of fact that it is, same as 3dgs, a very popular engine , just match 3dgs, unity and neoaxis forum

I know it may sound unfair vs Neoaxia but that's life

After testing Unity javascript for a couple of weeks my opinion is that it is a 3DGS enhanced version , same phylosophy but without for example those annoying "empty pointers" and a better Object \ Component implementation

Last edited by AlbertoT; 04/12/09 21:39.