These gdc videos look great. I saw them a few weeks ago at the GG blogs section. But I also found out that this is not GG content. It is an additional content pack (forest pack) that will be sold separately (they mentioned something up to 400 USD for this pack). It modifies Torque3d and adds some new tools plus the art content.

And you cannot use such packs with the basic edition of T3D, since they need the source code to integrate these engine modifications.

T3D looks great and is getting nice features, better shadows, better workflow and good shaders. It supports a few platforms plus web-publishing. So it really compares a bit to Unity3d.
But the price and the needed knowledge to understand the source code will be the reason that mainly experienced developers will use it. But theses experienced developers also have the ability to use Ogre or C4 as options. So it depends on the project.

Beginners and artists will probably chose Unity instead. The growing amount of our customers working on Unity3d projects already shows this fact.

At Dexsoft we will probably buy a T3D license later to test our models in this engine. If this happens then I could write a little review.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft