Quote:

Vertex Shader based Vertex Lighting
Currently Unity mixes the fixed function pipeline for vertex lit objects and vertex shaders for pixel lit lights. On Direct3D this creates some rendering artifacts on very close or self intersecting surfaces. We want to end this by implementing a full fixed function emulator in vertex shaders. You won’t have to do anything, it will just work!

Awesome news! We tried to work with anti-aliasing, then those artifacts arnt that bad anymore but then we are not able to use post processing effects. This issue with anti-aliasing and pp effects seems to be an overall problem frown
Maybe its just to complex to implement it to a commercial engine.

Quote:

How long did it take to port Krönlein?
And, what were the difficult parts?

BTW, the camera movement has an interesting concept, its almost like bending your neck backward and forward. I noticed this, when standing with the back to a wall and looked upward.

I dont know exactly how long it did take to port Krönlein, we spent a lot of time with experimenting and testing.
But I guess when the 3D Content and all the textures are ready for export, its just a matter of hours. The import/export pipeline from unity is just amazing.

The camera movement is still work in progress. As you said its an interesting concept but it disturbs when you are near a wall and looking downward. The camera then goes through the geometry.

cheers

Sinn- und Zwecklos