Humm .. well let's hope , or in last chance it could become open source.

Well ... just tried Gamecore 2.

1) Bad points :

- only simple demos, not real world with good textures,grass etc ... something more solid like Unity Island to jude engine power frown

-pathfinding demo don't work , the character hits the walls instead of following path nodes ?

-in adventure demo in the shadow areas, appears in some milliseconds sudden white lines like the polygons were cutted ? glitch of shadow maps ??

- The old buggy racer level (fisrt demo we had with Beyond Virtual) is now lot more smooth and fast.
but it's a really very simple level with simple objects.
let's wait for a real demo with normal mapped models to see real power.

-Well I haven't tested import of animated models (i use Blender only )

- It don't have the templates mini panels that have unity :
(camear follow, third person controller , etc ...)

- I remember scripting was not really easy , not hard , but i find Unity script lot more easy (personnal opinion)

2) good points :

- The editor is really complete (terrain ,water editors) and offer a cool workflow, it seems to have cool features : physic panel i've tested.

- workflow lot more advanced and better than A7

- engine seems to have some good power

My personnal conclusion :
I won't buy it caus of what i had in the past with it.
I have Unity Indie, i'm very happy with it, so i don't need it and i prefer to wait a year to see how Gamecore 2 will evolve and if it stays on the road ?

For now ,i can only say it's a good engine now, with shaders.
It have a complete editor for terrain,water,physics . . .

For me it's a really good engine,with cool workflow and people buying it will be able to quickly make something and will surely happy smile

Last edited by ratchet; 04/24/09 22:21.