Frankly speaking Tile's answer is so stupid and his manner so disagreable that he does not deserve even an answer even though I agree with him up to a certain extent

For the others who maybe intersted in this topic , I just quote from Unity manual

Modeling Optimized Characters

Your character should use only a single Skinned Mesh

You also want to keep the number of Materials on that Mesh as low as possible

we strongly recommend you use around 30 bones per character.

Anything between 500-6000 triangles is reasonable

Seperate out IK and FK

unquote

As you can see ,despite the progress of hardware , the specifications for real time charactes are still quite low
Different story for movies whereas animators can afford the luxury to use models made of thousands tris and hundreds bones not to mention the possibility to export the whole scene

Max,Maya, Cinema4d etc mainly target this market segment
They can be used also for games, of course, but they are redundant for this application

If you you vist tthe sites of other engine you can see yourself how many people are complaining about Input \ ouput from these advanced packages

There is a reason, I suppose

The explanation is, in my opinion, that these file format are extremely complex but as I already said, redundant for our use
If someone has a better explanation. please let me know

Getting back to Game Core I just wanted to inform the other members that this is the only modern engine which support also an old fashion but reliable format such as MilkShape even though the main choice is FBX also for Game Core

This was a wise decision, in may opinion
Even though FBX is the future , it still gives many problems nowadays

In conclusion Game Core ( and 3DGS ) offer an advantage, big or small it might be, over the competitor

Last edited by AlbertoT; 05/02/09 10:23.