Hello everyone,

right now I'm trying to get a rather simple shooter system to work. For my enemies I'm using a modified AI from the AUM 57 and even though it seemed to work fine in the beginning, I'm running into a lot of problems with it.

First of all the enemy looks for you = player and by testing I know that even though the c_scan finds my player, the enemy randomly does not recognize the player entity. Sometimes I can jump up and down in front of it, sometimes it will see me right the second I step into the scan cone. C_scan seems to do fine, it's just that the player pointer is not recognized half the time. Here's the code:

Code:
if ((c_scan(my.x, my.pan, vector(160, 60, 1000), ignore_me) > 0) && (you == player))
	{
	my.skill1 = attacking; // then attack the player
	}

On a different note: When I shoot an enemy, I want there to be some effects (blood obviously) and it works just fine this way:

Code:
if (you == ent_enemy)
{
	if (hitvertex > 450 && hitvertex < 800) {
		you.skill3 -= 100; //headshot kills instantly
	}
effect(blood_hit,55,target,nullvector);
}

Problem: If I create two enemy entities with the same action the pointer only works for one, the other does not get any blood effects or headshots. How do I work around that problem, so that both enemies work the same? (without creating seperate actions for each enemy)

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Okay this is seriously weird. The c_scan cone works fine (event_scan of player is activated inside the cone) but the enemy only recognizes "you" as "player" if I'm on the far left side of his vision field.

Last edited by Luzifer; 05/03/09 13:52.