Quote:
Anybody ever use screen-sharing on a video chat like Apple iChat? Have you ever tried to play a game on someone else's machine over the internet this way? It doesn't even work at lower resolutions, so how can we expect OnLive to actually send the frames in time?

You have to keep in mind, this isn't some screen-sharing software using a generic video compression codec.. This is the people who created Quicktime, and who've been working 7 years on this special video compressor just for the purpose of extremely fast action content, such as video games.

I was sceptical too, but watch all 6 parts of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nZfEWYt1fA and you may be convinced too as I was. Unless the hid some supercomputer in that GDC room, these guys were actually playing Crysis in 720p and highest settings on a cheap-o mac laptop, and it really seemed like the guy was playing the game locally..

We all knew that the time were all software would be installed on distant servers and we'd only need dummy terminals, would come sometime... I just thought it would still take 5 or 10 more years.. Guess I was wrong..

Simply, wow..

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!