Quote:
seems like 5Mbit/s isn't really a lot to transfer continuous streams of rendering and input / controller data.

5Mbit is plenty. It actually occurred to me the other day that I was watching a movie from Graboid. I have a 4mbit DSL and Graboid will give u all the bandwidth you can take (for me it was 430kb/s), so I was streaming a movie that was 700mb (usual size for a normal divX movie), without having to wait at all for initial buffering, and I was thinking to myself.. I'm now receiving from some distant server 23 good quality images per second.. So, add to that their super video-game codec, and you can realize how the problem of the big volume of data to be sent, can really be solved. So all you got left now is the problem of latency. But if you think about it, if the latency of 50ms that u get everytime you play CS on online servers is good enough for playing a multiplayer game, it will be good enough for OnLive as well. So, what I'm saying is.. they don't cheat and they don't lie.. what they're proposing is very much possible, and I guess we'll all get to try it (well, US citizens only for starters frown ), in the following months.

Quote:
Also would this not go on your download limit ? therefore meaning ISPs would limit you or charge more

Your ISP is charging you per megabyte?? Change ISPs!

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!