Well, I am in the process of converting the textures over from .dds right now, and have started to play with the lighting and have begun working on the finer details of the walls of the dungeon (Adding trim, alcoves, etc...), all untextured placeholder models still, kinda just messing around trying to figure out where lights will go and how they will work. Once I have that sorted, I'll go back and code the lights so that they don't have a fixed range, but instead have a variable range, slowing switching through those ranges, creating the torch light. One thing I am thinking for the latter stages of the level is to disable all the lights and make the torches interactive, so the player would have to turn them on. The purpose of this is two-fold... 1) When going down into a little used tomb, the player would need to bring their own light and light any torches along the way as they would not already be in use, and two, this would allow the player to know if they have been somewhere, if there is light, then the player must have been there to light the torch.

Anyways, an updated shot to show where torches/light sources will eventually end up.

Regards,
Ayrus

suprised my account is still active....