@ Crazy <with 3 posts>

I'm already in contact with a publisher who is interested in it already! I can agree with you that the graphics are not as good as most modern games, but the target audience <little kids> are not so picky. Let me explain below why I left out graphics detail and made it simple.

Okay guys, here is the honest to God truth of the matter.

THIS GAME'S GRAPHICS IS PUSHING THE A6 ENGINE TO THE LIMIT! lol

Okay, now let me explain why now this is the case...
The Ark is made out of blocks and the player can see from one end of the Ark to the other end. When I tried to put more details in the Ark like, support pillars, columns, lanterns, ropes, ect, all across the Ark, Well guess what happened?

On my P3 800 MHz, the frame rate dropped like a rock!!!

Does anybody understand that this is important??? We cannot make games that require a 2 gigahertz pentium as a minimum standard right? Most people do NOT have computers like this!

If I chose to divide the Ark in 2 or 3 smaller separate sections, then I could have added more detail into it, but since I chose it to be one BIG ark, then I had to make the Ark and room blocks as simple as I could to get the frame rate higher.

As it stands, the frame rate drops when looking from one end to the other, even with the simple block graphics as Nardulus can testify to...

So, those of you calling it "ugly" need to understand that a BIG Ark like this, is just plain hard for the A6 engine to display all of those pixels on a P3 800 MHz machine. Hey I love gamestudio A6, but even it has some limitations!

I cannot use LOD or FOG on this thing! I wanted the whole Ark in all its size to be displayed, so that the player can see how BIG it was. The full version has twice the animals, so the frame rate gets hit again with that.

So, when we make a game, we all must be sensitive to frame rates and adjust our plans accordingly!

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com