yeah, the lod stuff works like a charm as long as you dont see the different stages (buildings, maps with hallways and areas)...its very useless when creating outdoor areas at all.
Starting from gaps in the terrain or ground files up to texture seams and hard edges on geometry.

I fully agree that indoor levels and small outdorr areas can be handled with that very good.
But no chance using it for outdoor stuff.

I am using LOD for everything like a moron and its great for keeping the framerate as high as possible...but still the engine suffers from good levelgeometry lod.
As long as every triangle of a hmp is diplayed no matter how far away you are, the a6 cant compare to commercial quality huge outdoor games.

But if you just use different texture sizes for your lod and dont change your levelgeometry you will still have insane framerate add-ons. So, yeah it helps but still huge good looking outdoor areas are not createable with A6 yet, without covering everything in thik fog

just my 2€

back to topic :
I agree with nardalus about marketing and the others about "first having to establish a customer interest".
The school idea is quite good.... i would try it

btw.: the quiz section of your game.....not easy...not easy at all !!!