I just upgraded from a6 com to a7 com, yay. With that, I want to start using shaders and other stuff to make my game look "cool," so to speak. I've figured out shaders already, rather easy. Pre-made shaders, at least. Now, I'm trying to figure out how I can cast shadows, as well as have shadows, with my models. So far, I've been using static lights, wheras in the manual it says that the static lights are now also dynamic lights

("Static lights are placed in the level with WED; dynamic light can be emitted by entities at run time, or (with version A7) also by static light sources. -Gamestudio Manual)

Am I reading this wrong, because when I place a static light near a model that has a bump mapping, it neither places a shadow on other models, blocks, or even on itself. Is there more to it than just placing the lights there, and that SHAMWOW? Do I need a plugin such as the Sphere engine? My video card can handle it- I run all HL2 and Sourcemods at top specs just fine as well as oblivion and such. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jimmy died, today, he blew his brains out into the bay, in the state of mind, its my own private suicide. A stitch in time saves nine... what the hell does that mean?!?