I'm still struggling with this pulsating text thing. I didn't get MrGuests code to work and I realy would prefer TEXT instead of bmaps. Here is the code I got so far:
Code:
 ///////////////////////////////
#include <acknex.h>
#include <default.c>
///////////////////////////////
//BMAP* backgroundpergament_tga = "backgroundpergament.jpg"; // background image 800x600
BMAP* transparentbutton_pcx = "transparentbutton.pcx"; // 210x40
FONT* normal38_font = "Arial#38"; // was using a cooler font here
FONT* medium44_font = "Arial#44"; // but it's uncommon so changed
FONT* large50_font = "Arial#50";  // it to standard boring arial...
TEXT* pulsatingtextpointer = NULL;
////////////////////////////////////////// START ///////////////////////////////////////
PANEL* start_panel = // the first panel. will show at game start up
{
	layer = 1; 
//	bmap = backgroundpergament_tga;
	flags = OVERLAY | SHOW;
	button (295, 250, transparentbutton_pcx, transparentbutton_pcx, transparentbutton_pcx, NULL, normalfont, newgame_puls);
	button (295, 290, transparentbutton_pcx, transparentbutton_pcx, transparentbutton_pcx, NULL, normalfont, loadgame_puls);
	button (295, 330, transparentbutton_pcx, transparentbutton_pcx, transparentbutton_pcx, NULL, normalfont, options_puls);
//	button (295, 370, transparentbutton_pcx, transparentbutton_pcx, transparentbutton_pcx, NULL, normalfont, credits_puls);
//	button (295, 410, transparentbutton_pcx, transparentbutton_pcx, transparentbutton_pcx, NULL, normalfont, quitgame_puls);

}
TEXT* pulsatingtextpointer2 =
{
	font = normal38_font;
}
TEXT* newgame_txt =
{
	pos_x = 400;
	pos_y = 250;
	layer = 2;
	font = normal38_font;
	red = 255;
	green = 255;
	blue = 190;
	string = "New Game";
	flags = CENTER_X | CENTER_Y | SHADOW | SHOW;
}
TEXT* loadgame_txt =
{
	pos_x = 400;
	pos_y = 290;
	layer = 2;
	font = normal38_font;
	red = 255;
	green = 255;
	blue = 190;
	string = "Load a Game";
}
TEXT* options_txt =
{
	pos_x = 400;
	pos_y = 330;
	layer = 2;
	font = normal38_font;
	red = 255;
	green = 255;
	blue = 190;
	string = "Configuration";
}
////////////////////////// FUNCTION MAIN /////////////////////////////////
function main()
{
	video_mode = 7; // 800x600
	mouse_mode = 1;
	wait (1);
	while (1)
   {
      mouse_pos.x = mouse_cursor.x; // need these to move the cursor
      mouse_pos.y = mouse_cursor.y;
      wait (1); 
   }
}
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
function normalfont ()
{
	pulsatingtextpointer2 = pulsatingtextpointer;
	pulsatingtextpointer2.font = normal38_font;
	wait (1);
}
function pulsate ()
{
	while (mouse_calm) // while pointer over button
		{
			pulsatingtextpointer.font = medium44_font;
			wait (-0.2);
			pulsatingtextpointer.font = large50_font;
			wait (-0.2);
			pulsatingtextpointer.font = medium44_font;
			wait (-0.2);
			pulsatingtextpointer.font = normal38_font;
			wait (-0.2);
			if (mouse_moving) { break; } 		

}
		wait(1);
}

function newgame_puls()
{
	pulsatingtextpointer = newgame_txt;
 	pulsate();
}
function loadgame_puls()
{
	pulsatingtextpointer = loadgame_txt;
 	pulsate();
}
function options_puls()
{
	pulsatingtextpointer = options_txt;
 	pulsate();
}

I'm using a black (all pixels RGB = 000) pcx image size: 210x40 under all the text lines. You need to make one if you want to try this script and see what Im after.
If you slowly move the mouse over a button the text will pulsate the way I want, but if you move fast over all the buttons things will get messy frown

I need a better argument for the while() and brake line in the pulsate function. And limit the function to only be run one at a time. I've searched the manual for usefull commands but not found suitable ones for this or not figured out how to use them properly. I want the pulsate code to run while the mouse is over the button and stop when you move away from it. My current brake line with mouse_moving makes it stop when you move a bit to the side so not good enough.

The normalfont function is called when you move the mouse pointer away from a button and is suposed to reset the font back to the normal size. Might be too slow since it don't work when you move fast? Maybe need to add something that stops the pulsating and waits a bit before leting the next button/text pulsate...

Would be nice to skip all the diffrent mouse over functions and call the pulsate directly from the button lines and give it the right text pointer too. Is that possible? The thing I tried gave a error with too many arguments...

Please read my first post also If its unclear what I'm trying to do and keep in mind that I'm a beginner with programming so give easy understood advices if you have some, thx smile