Just played with the FPS tutorial : Amazing smile

A7 FPS is far far far from the Unity one in terms of showcase
Let's talk about amazing workflow !
And the very bad old assets of A7 that have more than 5 years could be reaplaced caus they don't make a good advertisment for it frown

-I added two spots lights to the scene , in the editor when you
adjust values you see in real time how it affects the scene (objects ,ennemies with shaders and level) : TOP NOTCH.
No CODE , no shader problem.
The lights affects ennemies shaders when they pass throught or your weapon , amazing cool !

I added another point light , when you adjust distance and intensity, that 's really two different parameters , not like in A7 where you just have distance !
And the light was so intense that you thought you were near a volcano. It affected level, ennemies with bump maps etc ...
AGAIN No code ...

-The precise collision on ennemies is far more advanced than the very simple collision of 3DGS, And ragdoll is cool.
The ragdoll system is already integrated in Unity !

-There are things i have to dig , like the waypoins :
in the editor that's represented by the letter "W" in 3D and big . There are some sort of portals you can place manually, to optimise frame rate.

Finally , i exported the game, what is cool is the opertaing system choices you have (Window,MAc, window browser ...) , it just works directly, and it automatically zip/pack all media and game. You just go to the folder and launch the .exe

Well, the interface is so sophisticated :
for each object or thing you access is properties(material,textures,shaders,script) in the right panel,and you see thumbnails of textures, normal map, mesh model.
And you can visually edit all that ! Just amazing workflow !

Well i begin to dig it,interface so beautifull ,smooth,clear ! I can't go back to A7, sorry !
Perhaps A8 will make ne return to 3dgs , for the moment
that's two different worlds smile

Last edited by ratchet; 06/14/09 12:00.