yeah, my exporter is getting a bit old. entering the single frame names kind of made sense for vertex animation when you had to be careful that the model doesn't get too big (this idea goes back to my maya exporter) but now it probably would make more sense to use blender's action data instead of having to manually enter animation sequences. would be some work but adding the 1:79 option should only take two or three changed lines so i will look into it.

Quote:
what i don't like a lot is that this plugin don't like hard edges and you have to separate them.
what do you mean? use the edge split modifier, then the hard edges should export fine. hard edges always have to be separated for direct3d anyway internally since direct3d doesn't support anything like smoothing groups.

the only disadvantage is that you have to apply the modifier with the current exporter version. better just do it for exporting and don't save the model that way. this is also something i should fix in future versions. it shouldn't be necessary to apply modifiers. another thing is adding support for bone weights.