Originally Posted By: VeT
but i still dont understand, where this problem comes: at my comp and notebook the original version of calling NewtonUpdate() once per frame works fine, but in your example ball moves really laggy

Now that's something REALLY weird. Could you elaborate "laggy"? As in low frames per second? What's the FPS rate? (F11). If it's high then you say that the ball's movement is updated a lot slower than it should be for that FPS?
In this test case I'm really doing nothing in particular. I'm calling NewtonUpdate() every frame normally, just as you do - I haven't touched this part in this test case. Could you check if in sources there's fps_max = 10; in main() ? A stupid question maybe - as if I didn't know what I'm uploading but I suspect that there may have been a network cache problem.

The idea of calling Update more often is increasing the physics engine's precision - avoiding unwanted reactions such as tunnelling through walls. Once per frame is enough for slow speeds and games not demanding high precision, but for a simulation this may not be enough.

Last edited by EnjoMitch; 06/20/09 12:46.