Originally Posted By: Blattsalat
this guy was so frustrating. showing us every single day that massive success, money and fame, cultural and social input aint the universal key for happyness.
i wonder if this guy had one happy day in his life.

It's probably a big misunderstanding that Michael Jackson suffered under his stardom that directly for most of the time though.

I think he really knew from very very early on what it would mean to be a star anyway, growing up as a 5 year old kid on stage. But I think he was enjoying the attention. It's often said he gave 200% for every performance, well.. you won't be able to keep that up if you're 'acting' it through.

When it comes to his private life.. he has often said in interviews that he totally hated the press with all their sensationalistic and false stories and stopped reading them ages ago, but when it comes to being chased by masses of fans and having a rather limited private life, he usually responded with 'that's what it is'.

Quote:
he should have grabbed his money after thriller and left to live a private life somewhere in botswana like elvis did for example. instead of staying in this crappy industry that sucks you out and kills you.

He got addicted to spending crazy amounts of money as a private person and investing lots of money as a businessman, if he would have gotten the chance he would have bought the world. It inevitably meant he would have to go on being successful and for a long time he did exactly that.

He probably only began to feel the negative side of his success by the time his health became really bad, couldn't perform with 200% anymore and had less success with music too (although he barely released any new music the last two decades because from a financial point of view he didn't really have to.).

Quote:
long live indy music!!

Yeah, big improvement... not. :p Depressing music from actual depressed people in 9 out of 10 times. wink

I doubt Michael Jackson was fake in the way you are suggesting though. He was an entertainer for sure because he liked to perform, but I don't think he was ever truly acting the whole thing.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software