Okay. while I didn't have much to do at work today I planned this pachinko simiulation a little more and read the physics commands in the manual.

Since the entire playing field is no more than 50cm diameter, and there are a lot of small objects, I think the scale should be something like 1 quant = 0.5mm (a pin wouldn't be much more than 1mm diameter in any case).

If the scale were 1q = 0.5mm then gravity would need to be set to -7620 (381*1/0.05 -isn't that right?).

That being the case, should I use geometry for the pins, or entities (set up somehting like ph_settype(pin, ph_rigid, ph_cylinder) ?)

To shoot the balls onto the field, would I create the ball at its start position and use phent_adforcelocal()? This command is difficult for me to understand ,so some light on how this could be made to work would be useful.

I have no idea what the mass of a pachinko ball would be. I'll try and ask someone.

There are spinners in the machine too. I haven't got to thinking about how they would be made to act.

Firstly, if you physics' gurus could tell me if I'm on the right track so far as regards scale, I can go ahead and make a playing field for testing.