Der_Kekser: I didn't think of adding support for level change. I'll have a look at it wink

While doing a simple projection shader example for an user i had an idea about a 6x faster way to render cubemaps for pointlights (or any other shader that could use them, realtime reflection for example). Tried it out today and guess what? IT WORKS! YAY!

I made a small testscene with one light casting shadows. At the moment it has no effect on framerate ( I get 512 fps, which is the highest i can get). So ... yeah ...lighting fast shadows grin wink

They are very ugly at the moment though, as there is absolutely no filtering activated and no diffuse lighting.
But i want you guys to test it, before i go on with it. Maybe it's not working for most of you guys (which i don't think, this uses very simple shadercode and only standardt texture formats)...but please test it so i can be sure it's working for most of you smile. This should run on a GeForceFX/Radeon9xxx

When testing, please write down the average fps you get and post it here. Also please post your highest fps possible in A7 (windowed, not fullscreen!) and also let me know what gfx-card you are using, so we can get some results for performance comparison smile

Downloadlink:
http://shadec.project-havoc.com/wip/fast_pointlight.rar

Screenshot how it should look: (yes, ugly shadows, but that's not the point here. I wanna know if the method for rendering the cubemap works for you guys wink )

Shade-C EVO Lite-C Shader Framework