Quote:
Experience is limited to a certain amount of time, it is theoretically possible that you (or whatever) just missed the day when god was doing something.

That still wouldn't make such events different from pure chance or what you could call luck. Neither would it prove God's existence nor non-existence.

It's a lot like those people that claim God is trying to 'fool us' by putting fossils of very old animals in the ground. As if he has a motive to do such things.

Quote:
You can say that gods (/tooth fairys/unicorns) existence is very very unlikely. But this wont make it a proof.

I sort of gravely disagree here when there are a whole lot of reasons why God's existence is rather extremely unlikely and not one single reason why God's existence is likely.

If there's no proof in favor of God's existence and there are good arguments to assume it doesn't exist, then I think within the realm of our knowledge it makes perfect sense to claim God can not exist. Philosophical, logical and scientific proof combined certainly makes it ever more unlikely that there's such a thing as God.

Quote:
@ Phemox:
You disproved the bible not god i think this is a huge difference

Not really, because apart from the Biblical stories there's literally no tangible thing that suggests the Christian God must exist!! Remember how the Bible claims God has an influence or claims to know what kind of character God is, or how it talks about Jesus as the messiah?

It's the sole reason why Christians very often reply with 'because the Bible says so', instead of coming up with a logical reason why God must exist or did whatever they were arguing about. Their Bible is their answer, because according to them it is proof for the existence of their God. It defines their God.

You'd be right if you would argue that I have disproven the Christian God or God of the Bible. But from the perspective of Christianity, it makes no sense to look at God as something separate from the Bible at all.

Quote:
And if god put all his pre-planning into that initial kick, then the bible COULD be
the true word of god if he decided (way back when) to make it so.

Then you'd be assuming the world was predestined and there are even more reasons why that's incredibly unlikely. But you'd have to check the 'free will' topic. If a God truly knows the future and that knowledge affects his actions, then events in the future will be causing effects in the past This would again lead us to observing all that happens around us in search of divine intervention, which clearly never was observed.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software