Newton interface is finished. I won't post a download link just yet but i'll give the procedure on how add fluid dynamics to a newton level (that already has a buoyancy plane):
  • In WED, place a .hmp right on top of the buoyancy plane. The .hmp MUST have a z coordinate of 0. If it doesn't, you must move the entire level so it does. Assign the 'fluid_action' action.
  • If you do not have WED, just place it in script, and assign the 'fluid_action' action.
  • in the fluid's action, assign the 'viscoscity'(0-100). You must also assign the 'surface_tension' (0-50) which specifies how deep an object has to be for the water to stop reacting to it.
  • An entity pointer called 'waterent' must be set to the fluid .hmp .
  • You must copy and paste a simple 10 lines of code (15 with particles) at the end of any object that you want the water to react to's action.
  • Make the existing buoyancy plane invisible
  • Run the main script!

It may sound quite complicated, but it's actually pretty simple.

I know this won't help to implement in your own projects yet, it's just to give an idea. I will release everything tomorrow (unless i go to a friends place) Promised!

The reason it took so long was that i was over complicating the action assigned to newton bodies. It was originally a complicated ~50 lines, but now is an easy-to-understand-even-for-newbies 10.

If I don't get any replies in my 'water particle bitmaps' thread, i won't add particles to this release.

@evilSOB: Making any progress? You haven't posted here for a couple of days..