First of all, I'm not an atheist, but I do believe you're dearly wrong on this. In fact, taking this path of argumentation will give you much more "enemies" than just the atheist. I guess only the guys over at scientology can appreciate this way of debate wink.

Quote:
By believing the lesser complicated "robot" was created, but the more complicated "human body" was not created. It is faulty or false logic.

I think the robot is even far more complex than the human body! Because the human body is a result of natural flow, while the robot is synthetic. Creating a robot requires a high intelligence. Creating such a thing like plastic alone requires a complicated process (I don't see nature making a car, nor God Himself, with all respect). But the human body is not synthetic, it's a product of nature. A huge pile of elements that occur in nature everywhere as a result of geological and celestial processes. The only thing that currently lacks in a robot, and that the human body is superior in, is efficiency. A robot is not efficient, it has parts that are unused by the robot as a whole. Why a shell of plastic? What other use does that serve than being pretty? (though that has its use as well). But I hope you get my point. Where robots were created within a fifty years, the human body was structured from the most basic brick billions of years ago. A freakin' billion years, you could cycle to the next star in a bloody billion years. The immense heap of possibilities in a billion years is tremendous. No wonder that our body is most efficient, right? (though that doesn't mean it's perfect, we're just one of a tremendous amount of possibilities (oh, and here we go, perhaps there's no such thing as possibilities! But lets keep that for a different thread)).

In the upcomming years (decennia, centuries?) we'll find the true proof for life being able to exist in more places than just earth. Perhaps on some planet far far away, and perhaps some tiny microbes on saturn's moon Europe, or even Mars (since it has frozen water already).

If the creation of very basic lifeforms, living cells, appear to be possible by geothermal processes, do you still firmly hold on your believe that evolution doesn't exist?

And now a psychological question to show some insight in your thought process as a religious man:
If in the next decennia The Lord Himself comes down to earth, making some sarcastic jokes about us believing in evolution and then shows us the creation of earth, would you stand and laugh at "us atheists"?
I can assure you I'm not afraid to say the religion was true after all.
That's why I'm agnostic for. But I'm not making this huge point about it.

We'll see what time brings us.

And however you like to spend your life in religious circles, good luck on the iPhone stuff grin I'm sure there're ways to make money out of it!

Last edited by Joozey; 07/12/09 23:00.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs