If you really can answer only one question per person, I would appreciate it if you pick the most difficult one to answer. Let's say, my last question.

Quote:
It's fine to believe God is involved somehow, but why are religious people *spare the exceptions* so sure that NOW is the time they really know the answer?

If you really think you have seen the light, that would be very narcistic. Other than non-believers, who generally keep searching for meassurable proof and never settle down with a theory taken for truth.

But I wouldn't think it's odd, being narcistic. We place mirrors everywhere to look to ourselves. And whole mankind has been narcistic back in the days.

"Mankind depicted God to his image".

And the evidence is obvious. Who wouldn't want to be like a God, if you had the chance? The ultimate goal. And why would we want to go to heaven eternally? To get a little closer to this goal perhaps?

Though, admittedly, without this behaviour, we wouldn't have had science either. We look into mirrors to try and understand ourselves. We try to understand the universe, and as a side result, come up with fairytales like "God". <- Oh no I called God a fairytale! Be sure to comment on this one and not on the rest of this post!

Last edited by Joozey; 07/18/09 10:28.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs