Hi. Upon request I set up a demo that shows what dark_samurai's ANet plugin can do. Since multiple people asked to see the demo, here it is in a slightly updated version.

ANet's not mine:
Note that I do not include the ANet files in the demo, as they're not mine. You can download the ANet demo to use with my code. I included a readme file in my download which explains where to get Anet and how to set up a connection.

Link:
www.caffier.net/download/MultiplayerDemo.rar
Edit: Please not that ANet.h needs to go into the includes folder as well, not the demo folder. It's wrong in the readme, my bad.

Features:
-This demo was not meant to showcase any game, please ignore the default texture and models and boring code. :P
-The demo features basic movement prediction and movement interpolation to smooth out the movement and rotation of players.
-It also shows a connection and disconnection process, a simple scoring system and shooting.
-I should say that I am not an expert in ANet-coding, I am simply a user and cannot guarantee that any of the code is 100% correct, I'm sure there are simpler ways to setup some parts of the connection. However, I did comment the functions in the code, feel free to change things.

Feedback
Would be glad about any feedback on how this works out.
I'm also available for further help, so PM me, post here, or add me to your icq, msn or yahoo account. I can try the demo with you, but I cannot start an internet-server, because my router does not allow me to, for some reason (we could never get my port-forwarding to work).
Many questions should be answered in the readme file though, so make sure to read that.

Last edited by Germanunkol; 07/30/09 23:21.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain