Error014 presents: The helpful guide to a wonderful and happy live in the forum!™

Step one:
Let this thread die, and never create something that you might one day remember as embarassing again.

Step two:
Stop with predictable and/or unconstructive posts, i.e. "This doesn't belong in Showcase!", "You will never find someone with no PAY!", etc.
Don't bother with this stuff. Develop your game instead laugh

Step three:
Keep your helpful attitude and continue with your helpful posts.
Continue posting funny stuff and replies.

Step Four:
Keep your chin up and don't let comments from heartless bastards - i.e. people like me - get to 'ya. This is the internet, so a thick skin is required. Note that this is NOT the same as ignoring critique. It's about ignoring personal stuff. The key to professionalism is in your attitude regarding critique. But I do think you do that nicely already. Now you just have to learn to deal with the personal stuff. Step two helps with reducing it, but the sooner you learn to deal with it, the happier you will be. This even applies to real life (which is rare for internet-advice)

Step Five:
Find every game I ever posted, download it and post in the thread how amazing they are. This adds much needed happy-points to the pityful black pile of sadness that is my soul.

EDIT: Also what JulzMighty says.

Last edited by Error014; 08/31/09 22:51. Reason: Agreement! On a forum! Blasphemy!

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!