Thought i would give you a short status update:

Deferred Shading for low end gfx cards is working (Radeon 9800, Geforce FX). I will now start to add support for automatic detection of MRT capabilities and switch to high end deferred shading if MRTs are supported by the gfx card. This will give much better results as R32F textures will be used, but will also be a little slower. I will add an option to turn mrt support on or off, so you can decide if you need high end gfx or if it should run on a broad range of hardware.

I also started a little side project i do for university (create a mp shooter in 2 weeks as a proof of concept). While working on it, i stumbled over some nasty bugs in shade-c, which i fixed (hopefully). However i still have trouble using particles together with the new deferred shaders however. Also they don't really work well together with shadows. If this is fixed, i'm one big step further.
Also, for some reason view entities aren't rendered when sc_setup is called.

Also i noticed that sun shadows are not really suitable for big levels/flight sims. They work pretty good for first person shooters or 3rd person games...as long as you walk on the ground. So i will add pssm support for sun shadows to create nicer shadows (they will also be slower...but low end shadows are already supported by shade-c, so it's time for some advanced stuff wink Don't worry, you will be ablet to switch between low and "high end").

I think i will release a new version once automatic mrt detection is implemented and the particle bug is fixed.
I wanted to release a new version yesterday, but there are to many bugs right now and no real improvements (apart from the shadows working on low end systems).

Oh yeah, while working on my project, i also created a new terrain shader. It supports global color- and normalmapping, an unlimited number of detail color- and normalmaps, environment illumination mapping, specular lighting, 8 dynamic lights and shadowmaps.

Still have to work on it a little (ambient lighting isn't working the way it should at the moment), but here are some screens of it in action:

Shade-C EVO Lite-C Shader Framework