Quote:
I didn't said that i'll leave completely, i'll be active again after the users became more mature, like i said.

More mature? You mean, in that people won't post threads threatening to leave doing their silly drama-queen thing? grin

I'm sorry and no offense, but you haven't exactly been a pristine example of maturity either. wink

Quote:
when i posted this thread, i was very disappointed, because some users was very mean to me. And i gave up.

If they harassed you in some way, you should notify moderators. To be honest, I think you're alright, but I can see why some people would feel like being stepped on their toes by certain comments you've made.

Quote:
That's why i leaved.
But now, some nice users has cheered me up, and some users has disappointed me, even more!

So, i'm now confused. Should i stay or should i go?

Continue to at least pretend to be more mature than the others and just stay. laugh There will always been issues and conflicts, but you shouldn't leave just to avoid problems.

Cheer up! You'll get over it eventually. wink cool

@Machinery_Frank:

Quote:
Simple. They have a boring job or no social life. If you win this contest (creating most postings in a short time) then I would not be proud of such a medal. The real world would call you a nerd or an internet junkie if you tell them about it. The other forum users could be bothered because of spam.

If someone's posting 7000+ posts a year, it better be part of their social lives. In fact, I believe it probably is.

7000 posts in a short period of time doesn't inevitably mean they're mostly or all spam either.

You're perhaps not aware of the significant cultural difference, but those Arab forums tend to be more like conversations and much less like a passive thing. It feels a lot more like a private environment. Same is true for many other non-English forums and post-counts tend to be much much higher. In fact, there's even a huge difference in texting habits (mobile phone communication) as well. It's pretty interesting.

I'll give it to you that posting +7000 comments will take a considerable amount of time, but when they are much more like a conversation, you'll see posting 70 comment a day isn't all that much actually.

You can probably forget about posting 70 or more useful and informative posts that at the same time are all game studio related, but it's basically still a different thing compared to actual forum spamming.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software