Originally Posted By: Espér
easier.. i think that stands on the gametype..

Coding a DooM ( SNES version ) or Wolfenstein 3D ( SNES too ), is really easy
Coding a real 3D 1st Person shooter, with the Ability of a Nanosuite and human movings ( watching around corners, sidesteps, handanimating for each weapon ) is really difficulty..

But i will try my luck in it.. thanks for your opinions ^^
No more difficult than a 3PS with all the same. The hands might need nicer animations, but that's not about difficulty, that's about a little extra work. If there's any possibility of obstacles getting in the way of the camera in your 3PS (unless you're on a flat plane or in the middle of space, there will be) you have to write camera code that reacts smoothly -- find a balance between not going through obstacles, and not snapping the camera to new positions.

If you have a mirror system, it's not much extra work to place the 3PS equivalent of your model there for the mirror views, and you still only have to worry about the FPS camera.

When it comes to human motion, my first thoughts are to attach the camera to a vertex in an animated model, instead of just fixing it in one spot relative to the player's origin and trying to program all the movements.

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!