Poppen. I will update my profile a bit more. I will have a look at Ichiro's posts. I'll share more about projects down the road when it's time.

Almost all well-thought game related information/input is valued by me and others here; however, marketing ideas (stress marketing ideas) are the most important in this thread. If you have an idea (Dillinger) that is too important for you to share i.e. Flash then don't share it until you can realize it would be my advice. Utilizing an affiliate program is a good banal MARKETING idea that nonetheless others might not have thought of or even known about.

>Giving you a multi billion dollar software idea...
Who in the hell said anything about "mulit billion dollar sofware ideas"... I'm looking for shoestring budget MARKETING ideas. And you don't know me from adam. Moreover, people have the ability to work in teams you know...

What I'm seeking and what will help the readers (likely independent game developers) of this discussion for as long as it's on the web though isn't so much a conversation about the conversation or the so-called futility of "[100 wasted creative ideas (all before breakfast no less)-- billion dollar ideas wasted on noobs]", but the conversation itself. Let's talk about marketing ideas for small time developers.

Having said that:

I realize that an artist is valued for the IP-the story-the world-the imagination-- by society and not their application of or creation of tech.

It's as though you're saying, why should I put gas into a helicopter when an airplane is faster. It's because the helicopter (artist/independent developers) can do things that an airplane (large developer) cannot. If you don't want to put gas into helicopters (your ideas into conversations like this) don't, but don't then say that helicopters/independent developers/artists/new coders (are not worth the gas). It's unfair to me and unfair to any other artist or independent developer to frame the discussion the way that you have. Off topic as well.

Moreover, it's unfair to any person seeking well-defined and feasible advice/input to get in return a change of subject with "[it's a waste of my time to give you my ideas]." Don't take your bitterness out on me.

>"How about I custom tailor a multi million dollar idea to your own personal >qualifications?"
How about I do the same for you?

All is good when being funny I think. But you're serious. You should respect the people at the party which you are attending, eh.

Also, I agree about the unions...but well off topic that is.

I've no doubt that though new to this forum, you're a talented programmer.

I am worth my salt as an artist.
portfolio

Do you have a simple marketing idea that you can share?

Last edited by vertex; 09/05/09 20:41.