I also checked the demo yesterday. Just like Wicht I was not impressed of the Advanced Lighting. But the standard lighting together with the excellent static shadowmaps (and vertex lighting) from pureLight looked very convincing and rendered extremely fast. I found no lighmap errors like I found in Torque Constructor or like you can see in A7 WED light-mapper.

pureLight is the new star there because it can render professional lightmaps with all tricks like big render applications do (global illumination, control over samples, lightsources, geometry as light sources, automatic uv-unwrapping with lots of different uv-methods, the option to switch between light-maps and vertex-lighting, depending on the struture of the geometry and many more).
You will not find a better LM tool, even if you check the big boy engines.

So if you want to make a fast and good looking game with multi-player running in a web-browser and on Mac / PC, then this might be an interesting solution.

Nevertheless many hobby- and indie users are switching to C4, especially the experienced C++ coders. They feel ripped off because of the heavy price and the fact that GG wants to remove TGE/A from the shop. This will destroy the hobby base of Torque very fast. Hardcore users and serious users with real projects will probably stay.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft