The whole concept itself is rather strong: Believe in something basically just to feel better, everyone of course wants to feel better and it's rather easy to (blindly) believe. Add to that some very charismatic and smart organizations behind these religions and it's not going to be something that will disappear very soon.

In fact, for example in America it's now mainly the media that exploits the whole 'be religious' thing to boost the amount of Christians. It's stupid, but it has a huge (semi-political) advantage when it comes to manipulation and controlling the public opinion.

From a purely biological point of view, it really makes no sense to assume the 'mind' or 'spirit' of someone will go float around once people are dead or even go somewhere. Not even quantum mechanics and multiverse theories will.

I think God and even religion as a whole are mainly outdated concepts that are simply very strong and it's also one of those concepts that can be considered impossible to truly disprove, even with a massive lack of evidence and good knowledge about many of the related subjects.

I totally agree that people often use it as a tool to manipulate, but to some extent people seem to want that or even encourage that. It's the human psychology of wishful thinking and all that. Most people rather believe in a fake story that gives hope, than admit their situation is bad and learn the truth.

The ironic thing is that those people fool themselves, where in reality they should take matters in their own hands and act accordingly. Change is something someone else is NOT going to do for you.

Quote:
So its kind contorversy, because most of them say GOD exist because there must be a meaning of life. Or i feel it does exist.
so they have faith..

Well, it's very much the same kind of 'faith' people have in UFOs. They probably will be more confident about believing in what they think they have seen, but it's the same odd 'we know' without evidence thing.

By the way, it should come to no surprise that a lot of people who believe in UFOs, also believe in God.

Last edited by PHeMoX; 10/15/09 15:09.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software