Hi folks,

I promised again and again to rework the FMOD 3 wrapper for Gamestudio A7 - and it took actually a long time. Normally, for this kind of task, it shouldn't but you might know by yourself that if you have a regular life, too, things can slow down or also stop moving in the worst case. --- Now, the whole thing matured so far that I can release a beta version!

FMOD 3.75 wrapper for Gamestudio A7 (beta)
http://www.christian-behrenberg.de/.../A7fmod375wrapper_beta.zip

The cool new wrapper features (apart of the FMOD features) are:

• Wrapper DLL for the FMOD 3.75 audio engine with -all- of its features
  • supports through the same interfaces both C-Script -and- Lite-C projects!
  • WRS support for sample loading

In comparison to the old version the new wrapper is coded with more care, more robustness and more supported features!

It was a tough decision to design an interface that works with Lite-C and C-Script and it take a long time to make it work. This involves making compliant parameterlists (e.g. heavy vector abuse for making it possible to pass more than four arguments via C-Script) or moving complex datastructures into the DLL. More information are to be found in the provided manual which includes a rich documentation of the wrapper interface, migration information and how use the wrapper exclusive A7 features.

Remind that this is just a beta version. I have to add more samples for the FMUSIC API and add maybe some bugfixes - so, please report any odd or wrong behaviour to make it grow! To make usage under Lite-C more convenient I will maybe consider to work out some special compiler defines to be able to compile a Lite-C specific version that doesn't need vectors to be compatible to C-Script.

Please send bug reports to my email adress with a detailed description of how to reproduce the bug(s). Maybe add a minimal testcase in which the bug arises to make it easier for me :-)

Have fun and best regards,
-Christian

Last edited by HeelX; 10/19/09 14:49.