)Thanks Qwerty I think that was it.
Here, I'll spell one way to use this table for those of you that didn't get it:

Been learning UML2.0, so I'll break it down thusly:

1) Analysis: Make a list of all the surfaces that you wish to model in your game.

For example, suppose you want to do a Resident Evil game. Thus it's first person and you'll want to model sneakers on wet and dry pavement. Let's throw in an Artic level and thus have Ice and Snow. Here is my list or Required Surfaces:

Rubber on Dry Concrete
Rubber on Wet Concrete
Rubber on Ice
Wood on Snow (Wood SnowShoes)

Further in the Analysis, I decide that I will use the values for Static Friction. You only use Kinetic Friction if your object is SLIDING, which we are not allowing in our game ATM. All you do is walk and thus use Static Friction.

2) Design: Modify and Rank your surfaces according to available Data

We have straight up values for Rubber/Dry Concrete(1.0) and Rubber/Wet Concrete (0.3).
We don't have rubber/ice, but we can model it as being slightly higher than metal/ice (0.022) but lower than rubber/wet concrete (.3). Thus we safely assign (ie fudge) rubber/ice a value of 0.05.
Finally, I have a straight up value for wood on snow in my book as .14. Here is our rank:

Code:

Rubber/Dry 1.0
Rubber/Wet 0.3
Wood/Snow 0.14
Rubber/Ice 0.05

3) Implement: Now based on your particular Implementaiton (3DGS), make it happen!

We know that the highest that the 3DGS PE engine does is 100% for rubber/rubber. I don't have rubber/rubber, but I have rubber/concrete. Hey, close enough! So I now assign 100% to be the highest value in my set of surfaces. Now we scale our percentages (and yes, it's divine providence that the numbers turned out so easy....didn't plan it this way.... : )
Code:

Surface "Real" 3DGS

Rubber/Dry 1.0 100%
Rubber/Wet 0.3 30%
Wood/Snow 0.14 14%
Rubber/Ice 0.05 5%

Point is you these aren't hard and fast rules. If I were to add an indoor track level, that would have that rubbery material on the tracks, I would have to adjust my scales accordingly for rubber/rubber.
Likewise if I dropped Dry concrete from my game, now Wet concrete and 0.3 is 100% and your scale is readjusted.

AND ALL OF THIS MAY BE FOR NOUGHT CAUSE IT STILL WON'T LOOK RIGHT IN THE END. YOU ARE STILL GONNA HAVE TO TWEAK THE NUMBERS TO MAKE IT "FEEL" RIGHT!!!!!

I think this should finally clear up any questions, yes/no?