hm I still have a6 extra and lite-c free, I think I will try it out. For me the main reason for using a product is not wheter they are building a monopol position thanks to erveryone which uses their products but for me the main reson is if a product is good. And Unity is definitively really good. I didn't buy a7 because nowadays competitors have for the same money the same and often more good features too. and I think twice before giving my money out(due the global financial situation and first my situation comes then the one of companys sincerly), I see what it gives for it, and compare with others. And the respect apart that I have for acknex, there are a lot of things which makes me wanna work with unity right now that it turned free. hope that conitec adds more fetaures for a7 extra (i dont say that they have to do it with the lite-c free edition) so guys like me, would spent the money for the extra. It's still better for the company if they go more for the users money, than bringing the user to use another engine for free with the same or easier workflow. I mean you can see It as a monopoly building thing, but I think they just react to the global financial situation. Big Names also turn theri games sooner than a few years ago into a budget game after some months, engine developers can only make the price lower or add more fetaures to their engines...It's hard to add ne features but nowadays hobbyist programmer, think twice before giving out money, because they knew they will probably never have a game been published...so if they spent money than only if they get a lot for it. but I will use untiy only like i did with a6 just for playing around as a hobby, but sincerly I see more potencial for untiy. and acknex remains my favorite one for prototyping. this said by not a professional one, but just a wanna be gamedeveloper maybe the goal customers of conitec...
but acknex still rocks and I would not turn back if it would not be this way hehe grin