Well guys...Its not usual for me to post, but since I own Gamestudio commercial for quite a while, and been messing around with unity for quite some time I have to say this :

Gamestudio is (in my opinion) by far superior to unity in terms of flexibility as an engine and is extremly inferior in terms of workflow.

Having said this means that you can produce better products with Gamestudio, but that also means that they will take way longer to complete.

If you are aiming to do something simple...unity indie version may be the way...but after you learn unity and you want to make something bigger you will realize that's when the problems start...then you need something better..maybe Gamestudio ?

I must say that working with gamestudio tools is a pain..It took me almost 4 months to understand and create an acceptable workflow..and I say acceptable as I still face ocasional problems in this area.

On the other side, working with Lite C...is a dream when compared with most other engines.

Unity is a dream in terms of workflow...Everything works ok, at least for me...but sudenly when you need to tweak something to work the way you intented to...puf...it either cant do it or the amount of work involved is so high that you quit...plain & simple...unity free version simply cant do it

So what I would like ?

Unity quality tools in the Gamestudio Engine. Thats all I ask....and I strongly believe that the next 12 months of conitec should go into this area..Improve the tools first...improve the engine later..

A7 with quality tools..would be by far the best option for indies...cause if you give us A8 with the same tools....things wont change much.

If you guys can do an engine as A7..you surely can do better tools in a breeze, and what can take 2 or 3 years to create could be done in 1 year....

Thats my thoughts on this matter..I will keep using Gamestudio...Although I may do some test scenes with unity as I can do them in a couple of hours instead of days.

If at the end I will change....time will tell

Last edited by martins; 10/30/09 23:10.