Hello all,

For the past few weeks, I've been working on a new game sort of like Quake. It originally started out as a simple attempt to create a small multiplayer game, but I guess you could say it evolved from that. Since I only have A6 commercial edition, I can only create a game involving 4 network players. However, the scale of the game is small, so I don't really see this as a problem. The game would be good for small LAN battles at home and stuff. I personally never really liked how most shooters now are so concentrated on massive online multiplayer battles.

The name of the game is Gauntlet. I named it that way because one of the meanings of the word "Gauntlet" is "to be attacked by two or more sides", which is pretty fitting when you think about the story. In cooperative/single player mode, the story is that humans have colonized many worlds outside the Milky Way. However, a strange pestilence; a seemingly infinite mass of alien bugs; have started roaming our worlds, destroying our cities, and bringing sickness where ever they go. Your goal, of course, is to destroy them. The overall plot of the game will not be much more complicated than this.

I have completed some "programmer artwork" and a few multiplayer levels on my own already, so I've got some test screenshots to show you guys. I didn't want to put this thread in the Showcase since I still think this is so early in development. Anyway, you can check out the screenshots here.

You can post your criticisms... NOW! tongue

EDIT: You can check out the new gameplay video HERE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwxWXyPa1A

Last edited by Redeemer; 11/05/09 14:29.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!