Quote:
yes, sometimes the terms get used like that but i think it doesn't make much sense. interpreted languages are programming languages too. laugh
Yes, you're right. It wouldn't have been hard at all for me to say "interpreted" instead of "scripting" and compare it with "compiled" instead of "programming", and I'll try to remember that from now on as there's much less ambiguity there laugh

Quote:
i think "scripting" often gets used kind of deprecatingly. like it is something lesser but actually many "scripting" languages are more powerful than something like c.
I certainly think of it almost in that way -- though from a speed point of view, not power (if "power" means features). To me Python is the most powerful language I've ever played with, but I'll never make a whole game in it because of the speed (that's not to say I wouldn't use a mix: using a language like Python to make triggers and story/level events easier and more natural to deal with).

I hadn't heard of "jit" compilers; I'll wiki it tonight. I guess I have a relatively old-fashioned view of interpreted languages, and should educate myself about that grin

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!