Rondidon: the textures definitely need overworking. I use (don't kill me) 64x64 images for the textures on my models, and I don't even screw around with the polygon mapping to get a good fit. tongue In case you haven't already figured, this is programmer art. If I'm lucky I'll get an artist to redo all the artwork from scratch (there isn't much at this point).

As for environment mapping for the diamonds, that's a good idea. However I must say I haven't had any experience with that (or any shader coding beyond simple dynamic lighting), so I'll need some pointers there. I found a page on the gamestudio wiki entitled "Reflecting Water"... Would that be a good source of information?

EDIT: On the wiki I found a nice page containing a crystal shader .fx file with an example script. Good to know I won't have to write my own.

Firoball: upon searching again through wikipedia, I have indeed found a page for that game. I kind of wish I had noticed it sooner. So here I am at my original question: if I provided a subtitle for my game or something, would that hold me free of copyright infringement? whistle

Last edited by Redeemer; 11/01/09 17:41.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!