I understand my graphics are bad. My graphics are complete trash compared to commercial standards. Haven't you read anything I said at all? This is programmer art. As soon as I find someone else to do the art, the art being used now will be completed thrown out the window.

I use the standard wad since it's fast and good for tests. This is not the final artwork! This is exactly why I'm in the process of uploading a gameplay video to youtube, to show off the features that I have already programmed, such as multiplayer code, physics, items, etc.

Quote:
"...in the vein of quake" seems a bit far out

I'm referring to Quake 1, not the new games like Quake 4 or Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. Quake was a very simplistic game, much like how this game will be.

And NO, I do NOT use the templates. I did when I was taking my first steps into the Gamestudio system, but not now. The code is ALL 100% my own work. I have made computer games using various software since I was 8. Half my life has been spent teaching myself file structuring, computer graphics, network handling, and hardware. I know how to program in pure C. No development suites, no click-click creation, just pure programming. I've even made games for DOS that work at the system level.

Take a look at Ken Silverman's self-written games, like Super Silver Brothers or even his Build test game. He's the guy who wrote the Duke Nukem 3D engine! His handmade graphics are trash... Do you expect a man who's spent his life learning solely about computers to be artistically proficient as well? Not likely!

Don't get me wrong. I'm completely open to suggestions, even criticism. But I do not appreciate it when people take me for some average teenage kid who started learning game development yesterday.

Please do not judge my game based on those test screenshots. Perhaps I should not have uploaded them in the first place.

Last edited by Redeemer; 11/01/09 23:00.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!