I actually have more experience programming games than I do working on real applications, so that's not an issue for me. The only place I really don't have experience in is shader programming, but I guess this project is as good a place as any to start practicing with that (once I get some better textures). You're right, I definitely need an artist if this project will turn out to be anything worthwhile.

BTW, on the comment that no-one holds the name Gauntlet; that's not true. Copyright law dictates that one can hold and protect the title of a product they created. The owner of the title can't prohibit people from using the word in speech, but others are not allowed to name their products that same word (or phrase) unless the product is part of a different industry.

For example, one man, Joe, builds a piece of software named "Checker" and openly begins holding copyright on his product. Later another man named John builds a piece of software named "Checker". However, John is infringing Joe's copyright, and as such must rename his product or Joe can pursue John through the legal system.

However, if John creates a pizzeria, not some software, and names it "Checker", then he is not infringing Joe's copyright, because his product is part of a different industry.

You can go here for more information.

On a side note, my gameplay video has taken over 2 and a half hours to upload to youtube, and it's still not done. Darn satellite connection. I've even compressed it to a size of 5.6 mb. I could compress it to an even lower size, but that would severely limit the quality.

I would switch to a different service provider, but we kind of live in a hole here, and there's no broadband. I guess you could say we live in "Rural America".

Last edited by Redeemer; 11/01/09 23:53.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!