Originally Posted By: Toast
Originally Posted By: Machinery_Frank
This is not true. I have read lots of sales reports of indie devs and they often make much more money on Mac. The mac demos have a better converion rate (trial to sales conversion). And there is almost no competition on the Mac platform.

Interesting. I heard that since Bootcamp is around there's sort of a Mac=Windows mentality - especially as most Indie games aren't performance demanding monsters so they'll run fine in Bootcamp...

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Well, if demo to sale conversion rates are higher than on the PC platform, this certainly doesn't mean they will make more money on the Mac platform.

When it comes to performance, don't forget the newer Macs are actually packed with good hardware. These are not low-end machines compared to the PC market. I think many games that run through Bootcamp could run a thousand times better if they had natively supported the platform.

It's probably why demo to sale conversions are so much higher. Mac users tend to play more and more games.

So truth be told, Mac is really starting to take off and has become a very interesting fast growing market for Indie devs.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software