sorry for reviving this topic but i was playing with unity and i realized that if 3dgs was to implement WED into GED, then it'd stand a real chance, the major drawback of this engine is the art pipeline [level design and such] most dont know this because most never have to complete a full level...

and i just opened GED today and first thing i tried to make a terrain and it said open terrain, instead of create new.... not that i cant do it or am lazy but that immediately showed me something.. oh well, i'll continue playing with it, hopefully it can give me a level design pipeline

[edit]
and another point, when i finished editing my terrain with painting and such, it becomes another pain to make it look the same from your script, once again, this isnt about my ability to do so, i just started GED, didnt care of it before, so am comparing to what i saw in unity

[edit]
video window problems, annoying [this isnt a multitext terrain popup] but its looking ok

[edit]
tried importing a model, it reset my terrain painting for some reason so am too bored to care

[edit]
tried deleting a texture, it deleted the terrain, oh well, now i know what to do so i click undo to bring my terrain back annnnd:
script error or something
error1105 or something
GED now needs to be closed [dude, wtf]

oh well, guess i'll have to try something else, on to blender
-mumbles-

Last edited by darkinferno; 11/09/09 12:53.