I am currently working on converting Tux Racer to lite c and i could use some help.

The main part is to transfrom scripts to lite c it is relatively easy but a lot work since i want the physics to work just like in the real game.
I am also planning to add a multiplayer feature to the game.
(And i dont know if i will use Anet or the original gs multiplayer functions [i think gs is better since i am planning to release it open source])

The original tux racer game is under the gnu general public license which means you are allowed to do pretty much everything with the code/resources from the game.

About the game:
Originally Posted By: Tux Racer site
Tux Racer lets you take on the role of Tux the Linux Penguin as he races down steep, snow-covered mountains. Enter cups and compete to win the title! Tux Racer includes a variety of options for gameplay, including the ability to race courses in fog, at night, and under high winds.

At the moment hummel is making the terrain shader for me. And i could use some people who are willing to translate the code with me and someone who makes an animated tux model.

As i said before i plan to release the finished game to the community open source and i am also thinking of adding an online highscore system and a sql server list with online high scores... but first there is some code to convert :-P

Thanks

Last edited by Puppeteer; 11/11/09 15:51.

Formally known as Omega
Avatar randomness by Quadraxas & Blade
http://omegapuppeteer.mybrute.com