Heya, long time no update on Shade-C.

I was nearing the limits of the current Shade-C, as the whole thing is pure forward rendering with lots of gpu power wasted for pixels you don't even see at all. You also can't do efficient ssao, gi, shadows, subsurface scattering, object based motion blur, etc. . It's possible to create these things, but they are very slow and not really useable for a realtime app.
So i started porting the current Shade-C to pure deferred shading, thus giving me all the stuff i need to create advanced eye candy such as ssao, subsurface scattering, "unlimited" fully dynamic lights, global illumination and maybe even radiosity (working on it).

So to keep it simple, this thread is for keeping you guys updated about the porting process as well as showcasing new effects.

Oh and don't worry, i will release a last version of the current shade-c with (hopefully) all bugs fixed. But there will be no new major features for this version, as it keeps getting slower and slower every time i add a new shader.
I will also do my best to keep the new shade-c compatible with the old one, so you don't have to rewrite all your code to include the new version.

Current features:
- subsurface scattering (yeee!)
- "unlimited" fully dynamic lights featuring normalmapping, diffuse and specular lighting on anything and everything
- environment mapping
- environment lighting
- teamcolors
- luminance mapping
- velvety lighting
- full support for level blocks and lightmaps
- no more shader assigning. Just create an entity, set it's properties like normalmapping strength, specular power, lighting method etc. and you are set. Very easy and fast to use. Did i mention it's fun tweaking these values in realtime? Well it is laugh

And some pictures of the first version, showcasing subsurface scattering on the head and normalmapping, diffuse & specular lighting, environment mapping on everything else :

(click to enlarge)

next things on my list are ssao and per-object-motion-blur as well as camera-motion-blur.

If you have any uber-shaders you would like to see in shade-c, now is the time to point me towards them! So let me hear those "I want shader xyz!!!111oneeleven" laugh

cheers

Shade-C EVO Lite-C Shader Framework