Originally Posted By: Joozey
I agree that small puzzle games are not really handy to do for us, but only because those games are focussed about artwork! Not because they're easy to make. We have only talents in programming as far as I see, and that will result in a less appealing game to see. Yet that need not to bother if we think of something technically "amazing" that's visible to the user.

A climbing, running and hanging dummy model isn't really good though.
We can't do the first link for we probably have no good models or levels.

The second video is less about environment but more about particles. Particles is an art too. Yet that can be overcome.

The third video looks bad tongue. Quite a low standard if we'd be content with that. It's equally hard to make a bad looking puzzle game. I'm sure we can do better.

-we also have a few modelers, we dont want AAA quality and a block based level under some good lighting can definately pull off what was shown in that video

-video 2 could also be simply done with basic character models, all that game has is terrain and models, no shaders, we could easily do that with a multi texture terrain, some blocks and just 2 player models [assuming its a team based game]

i have no interesting a puzzle game or a puzzle like game, no that they arent good but its kinda the standard for the indie market, how many times will we get so many talented users on one project, i say focus on something that can display something good from the engine, so my vote:

- very stylized single player [great story and great artwork is the only way to do this]
- multiplayer arcade game [mostly code and some pretty standard artwork]