hi mental, great to hear that you like the game and that it's still being played! I didn't expect that.

what you describe is an engine bug i've already reported, but it never got confirmed by conitec. max players is always 8 players, but sometimes the server does not decrease the player count when a player leaves. that might be related to a high ping. After you had played several rounds and a lot of players had joined and left and joined again, the server had 6 "phantom" players on it, and thus there was only room for 2 other player. btw the enemies get stronger the more players there are on, so it must have been incredibly hard when only 2 of you could actually joined. I manually restart the server when i notice that it has this problem, but I'm only checking a few times a week.

anyway, the game is no longer being developed, so there won't be a new version soon. I thought about converting it to the ANet multiplayer plugin, but I'm not sure if that wouldn't be too hard. you could make a new version by yourself, because I've released the sourcecode .