I like the idea to run around in a game and solve quests. A co-op game is a great extension to these kind of games.

But I am no story teller and to draw a plot in another language than German is an additional problem.

My dream game would be a funny bubble gum shooter grin

You run around in a level with a kind of super soaker and a heavy backpack full of bubble gum sphere ammo. You cannot kill your opponents but glue them onto the wall/ground or stick a large blob of bubble gum onto there helmet and pump it up to a big balloon and let them float around in the air until you got their flag - if it is a kind of CTF game.
It would be a sports game with lot of unique fun.

Maybe this would work in a 2D game (check out world of goo, to see some bubble like things in action) - but to transfer this into 3D, it takes more than just a community team.

We would have to create prototypes to learn how to get the bubble feeling into the game, to see what kind of hardware is required for such a game and if it is a fun type of game at all.

But to develop a story around this idea on your own (without a supporting team) ... ignoring the technical requirements (no prototypes yet) is a kind of wasted time - don't you think?

I have used the A6 physic engine in two projects and it was no fun to use more than one physic enabled object because if two enabled object collided the physics engine appears to explode some times. Using ragdoll physics with bubble constrains... I decided to put the idea back into the big book of projects do be done with another physics engine.

Sorry for goin off topic

Last edited by slacer; 01/04/10 19:54. Reason: typo